Suhas Vyavhare, Extension Cotton Entomologist, Texas
A&M AgriLife Extension Service
The EPA has approved the Section 18 Emergency Exemption for use of Transform WG in Texas to control plant bugs in cotton. This exemption is effective March 1, 2018 and expires October 31, 2018.
Pests and application rates: Plant bugs (1.5 – 2.25 oz Transform WG per acre)
Spray drift management: Applications are prohibited above wind speeds of 10 mph
- Pre-harvest Interval: Do not apply within 14 days of harvest.
- A restricted entry interval (REI) of 24 hours applies to all applications.
- Minimum Treatment Interval: Do not make applications less than 5 days apart.
- Do not make more than four applications per acre per year.
- Do not make more than two consecutive applications per crop.
- Do not apply more than a total of 8.5 oz of Transform WG (0.266 lb ai of sulfoxaflor) per acre per year.